Friday, 7 December 2012

FOTD - Rock chick make-up

I'm afraid there's no OOTD this week as I have a stinking cold so for the last few days I've been lounging about in my pyjamas feeling sorry for myself.

I do, however, have a FOTD.

As somebody who has been listening to rock music since about 1994, I feel suitably qualified to call this a rock chick look. For me, the traditional rock chick make-up (mostly worn by models who like rock stars rather than rock music) isn't representative of the gorgeous ladies I see at gigs and the like. Rock is about drama, and a smudge of black eye liner with a nude lip gets an "E" for effort, in my opinion.

This is the kind of look I would wear to a gig.I also tried to get out of my comfort zone a bit by using green on my eyes but you can't really pick this up in the photo. Before anybody says it, I know that cardigans aren't very rock n roll, but even rock chicks need a day off, right?

The headband is from Primark and cost £2.50.



FACE
Illamasqua skin base 02
Sleek the one finishing powder
Illamasqua Morale powder blusher
La Femme taupe eye shadow (contour)

EYES
MUA primer
Boots 17 blackened green eyeliner pencil (as a base)
Various green Coastal Scents hot pots
Revlon vintage lace eye shadow (brow highlight)
UD Perversion liquid liner
Collection 2000 Big Fake mascara
ebay false eyelashes
Illamasqua Stark eyebrow cake

LIPS
MAC Magenta lip liner
MAC Show orchid lipstick
MAC Violetta lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment