Saturday, 19 November 2011

Product Raves - Boots 17 Photo Flawless Eye Pencil (Black-gold)

This is the start of my “Product Raves” series. I noticed that there are products I’ve been using a lot recently which I don’t want to do a full review on, but that warrant a little bit more detail than just being featured in a monthly favourites post.



First up is Boots 17 Photo Flawless eye pencil in black-gold.

These pencils cost a mere £2.89 and are available at Boots stores and on the Boots.com website.

I’ve been wearing a lot of bronze/brown eye looks recently, and this wonder pencil has featured in most of them. The Boots website describes the photo flawless pencils as being “black with a twist of pearlescent colour”, but this is really just a beautiful bronze liner.



I don’t use pencil liners very often, mainly because my lids are quite oily AND they’re hooded, so anything even remotely creamy transfers within moments, but not this pencil! It doesn’t set instantly, and there is enough time for you to smudge it a bit, but once this is on it does not budge. I wore this to a wedding recently and my make-up was on for twelve hours, including throughout a rather weepy speech and the consumption of several glasses of wine. At the end of the night, my eye make-up looked exactly the same as when I first applied it.

I've been using this to line my upper lash line instead of liquid liner, and I really love the softer look it gives.

I also have these pencils in the blue and green shades but I haven’t had chance to give them a proper road test yet.

In the meantime, if you see this in Boots, I urge you to pick one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment