Friday, 10 June 2011

Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my little space in the world wide web. I thought it would be best to tell you a little bit about myself and what you can expect from my blog.
My name is Jessie and I’m 28 years old. Although I’m a northerner originally, I now live on the South East coast of England with my wonderful fiancĂ©. I am completely and utterly obsessed with all things beauty! I see make-up primarily as a hobby, although I am qualified in special effects and media make-up, and have worked on photo shoots, theatrical productions and independent films.
It is currently an area I work in on a very casual basis, but I’d still like to think I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks along the way!
I decided to start this blog to give myself the space to wax lyrical on beauty related gubbins, and also to network with other beauty enthusiasts and hopefully make some new friends along the way. It really is that simple.
So, what can you expect from notamakeupsnob? Well, I will be posting honest, no nonsense reviews on a variety of products, plenty of FOTD’s, guides to various aspects of beauty including how to wear glitter, buying indie and finding YOUR personal make-up style. I also intend to feature spotlights on a number of cosmetic brands from the well-known make-up giants to fledgling indie companies. I will update this blog on a regular basis and I’m genuinely looking forward to dipping my toe into the wonderful world of beauty blogging.
I hope you’ll join me on my journey.